Countless doctors and health experts including Dr. Mark Hyman, Dr. David Perlmutter, Max Lugavere, and Jesse Inchauspe, explain why you should quit eating so much added sugar.
"While sugar is necessary for a healthy life, on average we consume more than 300% of the daily recommended amount of added sugar."
Special thanks to our content partners, subscribe to them here:
Subscribe to MotivationHub for new videos every week from the greatest minds:
Watch the full interviews:
Dr. Mark Hyman:
– A 355 ml can of Coca-Cola has 10 teaspoons of sugar (39 grams), while a Mountain Dew has over 11 (47 grams).
– Refined sugar has no nutritional value, and is empty calories and energy.
– The average American consumes, on average, 15 teaspoons of sugar per day.
– As a rule "good" sugars come in healthy whole foods, while "bad" sugars come in highly refined, processed foods.
– According to the British Journal of Sports Medicine, it was found that sugar has a similar effect on the brain as cocaine. And it’s more addictive than alcohol, nicotine, and heroin combined.
– In a study published in 2014 in JAMA Internal Medicine, over the course of the 15-year study, people who got 17% to 21% of their calories from added sugar had a 38% higher risk of DYING from cardiovascular disease compared with those who consumed 8% of their calories as added sugar.
If you know someone who could use this video, share it with them!
Dr. Mark Hyman
Dr. David Perlmutter
Motivational Canvas Art:
►Video footage: All video footage used is licensed from various footage websites.
Music or Footage:
►Disclaimer: This video was fully edited and licensed by the team at MotivationHub. The information provided in this video is for educational and entertainment purposes only and should not be construed as medical advice. It is essential to consult with a qualified healthcare professional before changing your diet to ensure it is safe for your individual circumstances. For clarity, complex sugars are essential to healthy living but the average person eats way too much added/refined sugar.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Analytics".
|The cookie is set by GDPR cookie consent to record the user consent for the cookies in the category "Functional".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary".
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other.
|This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance".